Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hypothyroidism and the Nursing Mother

I have Hypothyroid and am nursing and not a big fan of taking any chemicals - especially when I am nursing.
Although I am still fighting the mold illness, I do feel like my thyroid is down right now and am going to nutrition smart to get the alternative therapies for Hypo.
I know what all the reports say about the prescription meds - safe to use when nursing; trace amounts that do not affect the baby - ummm, any amount will affect the baby! My second daughter's thyroid was messed up and had to be tested every couple of weeks for the first six months of her life b/c of MY meds!!!
I don't want to suffer the side effects in my health, either. Lately I have been far more tired, sluggish and delayed - but that could be Mold Illness, too!!!

So, my question to all of you is....
What would you do?
Risk the chance of causing harm to your child's endocrine system for life, or cause an imbalance in you that may result in something - or nothing, depending on what you do to naturally remedy the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment